- Policy on Pollution Prevention and Control Technologies of Petroleum and Natural Gas Exploitation Industry.
- Policy on Shale Gas Industry.
- Fracturing fluid must be subject to recycling or harmless disposal.
- Fracturing operations must take preventive measures to avoid blowout, leak, overflow or damage on surface pipelines.
- The land being occupied for fracturing operations and ground engineering constructions must be reduced, the vegetation on that land restored in a timely manner, water resources saved, various waste disposal measures implemented and the environment protected.
Fracturing operations must take measures to protect groundwater and soil, and to prevent contamination of groundwater and soil during shale gas development.